A pharmacy technician is the one who works under a pharmacist in a pharmacy. To work as a Texas pharmacy technician, you need to pass a test and be registered under the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
To be qualified as a pharmacy tech, you need to take a test. Below you will find info on how to prepare yourself to become a pharmacy technician in Texas.
1. In order to take a test, you need to prepare from the required material which gives you the information that is needed – the study and exam information material.
It covers aspects like the subjects that are needed to be covered for the exam, the duration of the exam, the questions that are asked in the exam, the number of questions that are asked in the exam. There are study guides available in book stores. These will help you significantly.
2. The aspects that are needed to be covered in your studying of the pharmacy technicalities are to know the difference between brand name and generic drugs and the uses they have. You need to learn the skill of understanding the doctor’s prescription.
You need to understand how a doctor’s writing works as it is surely not written in a normal writing pattern. It’s medical writing and it is written in such a way so as to avoid the prescription falling in a non professional’s hand. You also need to learn the pharmacy calculations.
3. One must have knowledge of the various medication laws. These are related to prescription, distribution, supply of medical drugs. Each state has its own law. There is a different law for Texas, learn about it.
These laws also come in form of questions in the examination. For you to gain certification, you need to know the laws. These questions are asked a lot and hold a lot of weight in the exam paper which is in the form of multiple choice questions.
4. You have two options to acquire the certification. One is by taking numerous pharmacy technician tests and second is by joining a pharmacy technician school. You can take many online pharmacy technician tests. By taking several tests, you will get well versed with the questions and topics and also get to know the general and specific question paper format. This will also make you more efficient and you will have a better understanding of your job.
5. Once you pass your pharmacy technician test and are certified as a certified pharmacy technician¸ you will have a pharmacy technician salary in Texas in between $29,000 and $33,000.